New generation of Three-Phase Power Calibrator with many easy to use functions for automatic calibrating and testing all type of measuring instruments and power engineering devices.
C300B is our newest calibrator series. We base on the newest technology and 25 years of experience in developing and manufacturing.
Our competence can give you only the best:
- High performance: 3x560V, 3x120A (1x360A), class up to 0.02%
- Huge output power and low weight: only 27kg (59lbs) in portable case
- Advanced functions but easy to used
- Manual operations and fully automatic procedures for calibrating and testing
- Professional service and support (it doesn’t matter if you have a complex or trivial issue)
- Low price in comparison to the best performance
Read the Data sheet and the rest of the website to know all functions of the C300B Calibrator and Tester. You will find there information of using:
Wide range and high accuracy of outputs:
- 3-phase voltages: 0.5000-560.00V
- 3-phase currents: 1.000mA-120.000A, possible to bridged to 1-phase up to 360A
- phase shift and angles between voltages: 0.00-360.00 degrees
- output frequency: 40.000-500.000Hz or synchronization to power net frequency
- impulse output: up to 200kHz to easy compare C300B to reference standard
- binary outputs: 2 outputs for triggering external devices
Wide range and high accuracy of inputs:
- impulse inputs: 2 inputs up to 200kHz for energy meters testing
- start/stop inputs: 3 timer inputs for protective relays testing
- AC inputs: 4 inputs 10.0000V, 16.0000mA, 200.000mA and 6.0000A for measurement transformers and current clamp testing
- DC inputs: 2 inputs ±14.0000V and ±24.0000mA for transducers testing
- automatic error calculation of calibrated or tested devices
- programming up to 64th voltage and current harmonics with magnitude and phase
- setting interharmonics and shapes like phase fired, triangle and burst
- power quality programming like dips, interruptions, swells, shocks, flicker, fluctuations and ramp signals
Calibrator and Tester of measuring instruments
The C300B Calibrator and Tester is used for calibration and testing a wide range of measuring instruments used in power engineering. C300B enables testing:
AC voltmeters, AC ammeters, frequency meters, phase angle meters, power factor meters, wattmeters, VARmeters, VAmeters, clamps meters and much more,
power quality analysers, recorders and flickermeters IEC 61000-4-30 class A for EN 50160 compatibility or individual requirements of user.
Automatic Tester and Error Calculator of power engineering devices
The C300B enables automatic testing with calculating of errors and standard deviation:
electricity meters EN 50470 with accuracy relative to an internal reference of the C300B (or relative to an external reference meter) including: measure the basic error and influence of frequency, voltage, self-heating, distortion, checking the starting current and no-load run,
electrical measuring transducers for converting a.c. electrical quantities EN 60688 (voltage, current, active power, reactive power, frequency, phase angle, power factor),
current instrument transformers EN 60044 including measure the accuracy of current and phase angle as well as burden measurement,
current clamps with AC & DC voltage and current output including measure the accuracy of current and phase angle,
protective relays EN 60255 including checking of tripping time and tripping level characteristics of ANSI#21 Distance relays, ANSI#27/59 Under/over voltage relays, ANSI#32 Directional power relays, ANSI#50/51 Time overcurrent relays, ANSI#81 Frequency relays and more protective relays.
Power Calibrator of sinusoidal signals
The 0.02% or 0.05% accuracy of the basic parameters of the C300B Calibrator – voltage, current, power and energy in a wide voltage 21 – 560V and current 0.05 – 120A ranges, is expressed as a percentage of the setting value, without the component as a percentage of the range value. This form of errors specification is very useful when checking instruments, such as electricity meters.
Energy errors diagrams of the C300B Calibrator class 0.02 as a function of current settings for balanced and unbalanced loads at 230V/50Hz and power factor cosφ=1 and 0.5L are presented below.
Data were achieved during production in Calmet by the automatic calibration test procedure using Calpro300TS PC-Software and reference meter Radian RD33. C300B has a build in 200kHz impulse output and two 200kHz impulse inputs so if needed client can easy compare C300B Calibrator to reference standard in any laboratory.
Power Quality Calibrator of nonsinusoidal and time variable signals
Power Quality function enables generation of nonsinusoidal voltage and current waveforms with harmonics, interharmonics and subharmonics as well as simulation of voltage, current, phase shift and frequency variations as a function of time (dips, interruptions, swells, flicker, fluctuations and ramp signals).
PQ functions meet all accuracy requirements of power quality testing to the EN 61000-4 series of standards.
Calpro 300 PC software
PC software for control of C300B calibrator and automatic testing of power industry equipment. Software is dedicated for PC computers with Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8/10 and tablets with Windows 8.1/10.
Calpro 300 PC Software offers:
- user-friendly operation,
- database for devices and test procedures,
- fully-automatic test procedures,
- continuous monitoring of the test,
- tables and graphics for presentation of results,
- automatic measurements report generation.
National Instruments LabView driver for control C300B calibrator. It makes possible to set voltages, currents, angles, frequency, harmonics, reading analog inputs of C300 and also to make automatic test of electricity meter.
RS232, USB/RS232 or Bluetooth/RS232 communication with text command enable the easiest way to control all functions of the C300B in any system. If you want to use C300B calibrator in your own test system it will be fast and easy – just use the terminal.
To set 3-phase basic setting like voltage, current, angle and frequency, send commands:
- C300B Calibrator and Tester,
- Power supply cord,
- Calpro 300 Soft (Basic Version),
- USB / RS232 Adapter,
- Fuse (2 units),
- Safety voltage cables (6 units),
- 20A safety current cables (6 units),
- Accessories for safety cables (banana and Cu plugs, 12+12 units),
- AD300 Sockets adapter,
- C091A plug for Calibrator inputs,
- Operation manual,
- Warranty card,
- Calmet Calibration Certificate.
CF106 – Universal scanning head
Universal miniature scanning head for detecting (counting) impulses from inductive, LED and LCD energy meters. Additionally it enables counting of manually triggered impulses (Start/Stop push button function). Sometimes (when access is difficult) it is the only way to count pulses from inductive, LED and LCD meters.
It can be easy mounted to meter by holder (CF106H option) or by self adhesive Velcro and it can also work “by hand” without mounting to meter.
1. What is the C300B Calibrator accuracy when temperature is over specified +20…+26°C temperature?
The specified temperature +20…+26°C range means, that in this range the accuracy of the C300B Calibrator is 0.02%. The influence of the temperature is included in this accuracy for this range of temperature.
For the temperatures below +20°C and over +26°C the additional temperature error is defined as: 0.1 of basic accuracy per 1°C, in temperature range +5…+20°C and +26…+40°C. This means, that the additional temperature error is: 0.02% * 0.1 = 0.002% per degree out of the basic temperature range.
Example: Assume that temperature of environment is 30°C and C300B Calibrator 0.02% basic accuracy. We will get: 30°C – 26°C = 4°C; 4 * 0.002% = 0.008% – this is additional temperature error. The total error for this 30°C temperature will be: 0.02% (basic error) + 0.008% (influence of temperature) = 0.028%.
In the same way for basic C300B accuracy 0.05% you will get: 4°C * 0.005% = 0.02% and then: 0.05% + 0.02% = 0.07%.
2. How to calculate the C300B current uncertainty? Does the Range in formula mean Full scale or Setting value?
The output current of the C300B Calibrator can be set from 0.001000A to 120.000A. The current is generated on 4 ranges: 0.5A, 6A, 20A, 120A. The guaranteed uncertainty of 0.02% of set value of current is from 10% of range (for example: 10%*0.5A=0.05A) 0.05A to 120A. Below 0.05A the uncertainty is 10% * 0.02% of range value (10%*0.02% * 0.5A = 0.00001A).
- 5A* 0.02% = 0.001A (value of uncertainty in A) because the 5A>0.05A, it is 0.02% of set value;
- 0.1A * 0.02% = 0.00002A – because the 0.1A > 0.05A, it is 0.02% of set value;
- 0.01A the uncertainty is 0.00001A (10%*0.02% of 0.5A range) because 0.01A<0.05A so the relative error will be: (0.00001A/0.01A)*100% = 0.1% for setting 0.01A;
From 0.05A to 120A the uncertainty is 0.02% of set value of current; for every current settings below 0.05A, the uncertainty is 0.00001A (10%*0.02% of the lowest current range 0.5A).
3. How to increase calibrator output current to 360A and 3000A?
C300B Power Calibrator has an isolated current outputs so when you set the same angles between them it is possible to put together 3x120A currents to 1x360A. It’s easy with the EA30 cables and terminals.
When you want to test CT clamps you can use the coils. For example with ZW100/10A up to 3x1000A and up to 1x3000A when three phases are summed.
4. How to generate the rectangular waveform?
It is possible to generate the rectangular signal on C300B outputs using Harmonics function and Fourier representation of the rectangular waveform.
General formula to calculate the value of harmonic amplitude in [%] is: 100/Number of harmonic. Example of amplitude calculation for 3rd harmonic: 100/3 = 33.33%. Picture with waveform captured from Calpro300 Software is presented below.
5. What should be done to use the Calpro 300 TS and Calpro 300 PQ functionalities using C300B Calibrator?
To use the Calpro 300 PQ functionality, user need to purchase a license key that extends the C300B functionality with the Calpro 300 TS or Calpro 300 PQ functionality (or both).
The Calpro 300 TS functionality makes it possible automated or manual testing of: electricity meters, current clamps, current transformers, measurement transducers, protection relays (for Trigger Time and Trigger Level).
The Calpro 300 PQ functionality makes it possible generating sinusoidal and nonsinusoidal voltage and current, which value is changed in time for testing meters, recorders and power quality.
Able to set dips, interruptions, swells, flicker, fluctuations and ramp signals.