Variable-switching Multi Range DC Power Supply
(Switching system, CV/CC)
Seamless Quintuple Variable Voltage/Current Range
(Note: For H type, 3.25-time variable voltage/current range)
A single PWR series power supply supports an extensive operation range, covering an output range equivalent to what is provided by several conventional single range DC power supplies. Also, the maximum output powers of the power supplies of this series are 400 W, 800 W, and 1600 W – slightly higher than those of their predecessors. You can conduct tests without worrying about power limits.
Best for testing a wide variety of high-voltage devices including margin tests
The maximum output voltage of L type is 80 V. For example, 150% of 42 V (63 V) can be supplied for testing vehicular electrical components, or 150% of 48 V (72 V) can be supplied for testing communication equipment. In addition, the M type (320 V) is suitable for checking designs of energy-saving circuits for flat display panels and the development of new materials, while the H type (650 V) can be used to test various components and devices that use high voltages such as automotive devices, photovoltaic inverters, and many more.
Two Extended Operation Area Where up to 160% of the Output Current rating Can Be Output(L type only)
In the extended operation areas, the power supply can output up to 160% of the output current rating. This feature is convenient when testing an automobile motor or other load device that requires high current at startup time. Since the power supply can output continuous current up to 120% of the output current rating with the restricted ambient temperature range and current up to 160% of the output current rating with the restricted output time tests can be conducted with a power capacity one rank lower. This feature also helps you cut equipment costs and save floor space.
Note: The ambient temperature and output time are restricted in the extended operation areas.
Parallel or Serial Operation
Parallel operation enables multiple power supplies of the same model to operate in parallel, offering a large capacity of up to 8 kW (when five 1600-watt models are connected in parallel). In a serial operation, the voltage can be increased up to 160 V. (Note: Parallel and serial operations cannot be done at the same time.)
Up to 32 PWR series power supplies Can Be Controlled with One GPIB Address
The PWR series supports a digital communication function (TP-BUS) as its standard feature. When used with a power supply controller (PIA4830) to be purchased separately, the function enables up to 32 PWR series power supplies to be controlled using the GPIB or RS-232C interface. In addition, the sequence generation software (Wavy for PWR+PIA4830), also to be purchased separately, allows even those users who have no knowledge of any programming language to exert output control over the PWR series power supplies with sequence patterns of their choice and to read resultant data through the use of a PC.
*Note: To control PWR series power supplies using PIA4830, you need ROM Version 2.20 or later in the PIA controller.
- Analog external control functions are available, providing voltage- and resistance-based output voltage and current controls.
- The power supply comes standard with the remote monitoring function. External analog monitoring can be done with respect to the output voltage, output current, and operation mode.
- A built-in power factor correction circuit (with power factor 0.98) for harmonic current suppression, as well as a highly efficient switching circuit (efficiency 70%), are featured.
- A four-digit display can display the voltage, current, and power (W). It allows you to set the voltage and current while checking on the power.
- The power supply has front-side output terminals (up to 30 A) for desktop use.
- Over voltage protection (OVP), over current protection (OCP), over power protection (OPP), and over heat protection (OHP) are provided as standard protection circuits.
- A universal AC input supports a range of voltages from 100 V to 240 V.